Wednesday 24 October 2012

Day 165: Pear and cinnamon tart


If you’re ever in any doubt as to the power of food styling, then just take a look at the difference between my two photos – one of the total tart and the other of one slice on a nice plate. Not that I am in any way good at food styling, of course. In fact, I think the second photo reinforces how much I’m not good at food styling. I seriously don’t have the talent nor the patience. The recipe was Pear and cinnamon tart and it should have read 10 minutes preparation, 25-30 minutes cooking and lots of patience! Here’s how I made it…

Oh, I forgot to say that I actually went to make it yesterday evening and so I set the puff pastry out to defrost on the kitchen worktop. Except, Dear Husband thought I’d left it there for the three Dear Doggies and proceeded to scrump it up and throw it out to them. I was not a happy camper. To say the least. So this evening’s effort was Task 2.

I trimmed the ready-rolled puff pastry and set it on to a baking tray. I then cored and sliced four pears. In a saucepan, I melted some butter and added in sugar and ground cinnamon before pouring it over the sliced pears. The recipe said to arrange the pears in a single layer on top of the pastry; however, what I actually did was simply tumble the pears on top of the pastry and spread them out with the wooden spoon. I seriously don’t have time to stand arranging about five hundred sliced pears. Ok, maybe I’m exaggerating about the five hundred. More like sixty. The tart then cooked in the oven for 25 minutes and I served it with double cream.




The verdict…

Well, despite the fact that my patience making this dessert left a lot to be desired, Dear Husband still scored this recipe full marks. Yes, FULL MARKS!!! A full 10 out of 10. I was amazed! Amazed at him awarding a 10; amazed at how this recipe scored a 10; amazed at how simple yet absolutely delicious this recipe was.

Without doubt, I will make this recipe again. And the further we get into winter, the more inclined I’ll be to make it. The recipe was easy, quick and fantastic and, for those three reasons, I highly recommend you try this one!  

No comments:

Post a Comment