Tuesday 9 October 2012

Day 150: Cinnamon baked apples


Well, when it comes to desserts, there probably isn’t a dessert that shouts autumn and dark winter nights better than Cinnamon baked apples. I can't say I have done a whole lot of baking fruit in the past but here's how this attempt went...

I cut the top of each apple about 1cm down from the top and then cored each one before setting them into a muffin tray. In a bowl, I added chopped dried apricots and chopped pecan nuts along with some brown sugar and cinnamon. I gave it all a mix and then stuffed and topped each apple with the fruit and nut mixture. Into the oven the apples went for an hour. When ready, I served them with freshly whipped cream.

The verdict…


Dear Husband said it was something different and awarded my efforts with 6 marks out of 10. I also thought the recipe was worth a 6. I loved the crunchy nuts in contrast to the cinnamon and sweetness of the baked fruit. Of course, a huge dollop of fresh cream only added to the experience!
 
Overall, it was an easy recipe to prepare but it took quite a bit of time to bake. However, I probably will make this recipe again but will probably hold out until Christmas as I loved the smell of cinnamon wafting through the house. In fact, that’s probably the only time I don’t mind the smell of food going through the house. And, if nothing else, the recipe served as a good reminder that Christmas is on its way...


 

No comments:

Post a Comment