Monday 1 October 2012

Day 142: Stir-fried steak with kale


I am starting to develop a love for stir-fries. Up until now, I would only have made them a very odd time but now, equipped with my new wok, I’m fully committed to trying out more stir-fry recipes. Just as well though that there was another one in the Easy Meals book in the form of Stir-fried steak with kale.

I began by putting corn flour, soy sauce and oyster sauce in a bowl. I then cut the rump steak into strips and stirred them into the sauce. Next, it was groundnut oil which had to go into a wok and, once it was very hot, I put the steak strips on to cook for 3 minutes. I took them out of the wok and set aside. I then put chicken stock in the wok and, once it brought came up the boil, I added in kale leaves and let them wilt for about 3 minutes. At that point, I added the steak back into the wok with the addition of chopped scallions and gave it all a stir. I served up with boiled rice and finished off the recipe by sprinkling chopped peanuts over the top.

The verdict…

Very tasty. In fact, delicious. Different. 9 out of 10!” was the verdict that came from Dear Husband. Yay, I’m finally getting a bit more feedback. It was an extremely easy recipe to make and, better again, a quick recipe to make. Then, there was the added bonus of a recipe that uses dark green, leafy vegetables so that’s always a plus to me and another of Dear Husband’s 5-a-day crossed off the list. Now, that's hard to beat. 

3 comments:

  1. Yum, sounds good, though I've never tried kale -this might be a good way to start!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Katherine. I had never tried kale until this Challenge and, I must say, I love it!

      Delete
  2. Great post!. In all article that I read before this is the best recipe I saw on the internet. Indeed, I'm really impressed for the stir fry sauce recipe given in your blog and I want to try this one. I wish I can cook this right and delicious like this recipe given in your blog. Thank you very much!.

    ReplyDelete