Friday 12 October 2012

Day 153: Chocolate mascarpone mousse


With it being a Friday and Dear Husband now in the habit of having Chicken tika masala at the start of each weekend, I needed a dessert recipe for tonight’s offering. I actually started on one recipe and was mid-way through making it when I realised that it needed to chill for a few hours. Therefore, I abandoned that idea and decided to use that recipe for Saturday night and choose another one instead. Recipe no.2 then became Chocolate mascarpone mousse.

I began by melting dark chocolate in a bowl over a simmering saucepan of water. Once ready, I took the bowl off the heat and added two eggs, two tablespoons of brandy and caster sugar. Using an electric whisk, I mixed the lot for 5 minutes exactly. I then added in mascarpone and whisked it briefly until it had all come together. It was then time to serve up and I also made Shortbread biscuits.

The verdict…

Dear Husband was very impressed and…wait for it…awarded the recipe 10 marks out of 10. Seriously. It’s unprecedented that I receive top marks in such quick succession so now I also know that in addition to him being starving with hunger, throwing chocolate into a recipe also helps gets the all elusive 10. The only thing he said that the portion size was probably a bit too much and I would agree. I couldn’t eat that amount of chocolate mousse either but, then again, I’m not a fan of mouse. Therefore, if you make this recipe, serve small portions of it instead.

Overall, it was a super easy and quick recipe to make. It’s definitely going on The List and I think Dear Husband is already looking forward to another portion tomorrow…

No comments:

Post a Comment