Thursday 16 August 2012

Day 98: Fusilli with tuna, capers and cream


It felt like ages since I’d made a pasta dish so, for dinner this evening, I made Fusilli with tuna, capers and cream. Like most pasta dishes, the first thing that had to be done was to put on the pasta. While it cooked, I worked on the rest of the ingredients. In a large bowl, I added crushed garlic, capers, cream, a tin of tuna chunks and scallions. I mixed all of them together and seasoned. Once the pasta was ready, I drained it and added it into the tuna mixture and served.
The verdict…

A very surprising 9 marks out of 10 was the verdict from Dear Husband. He said that the pasta tasted very different to other pasta dishes and loved it! I loved it for how simple it was to make and will definitely make this again when I’m in a hurry to get food on the table as it was also super quick to make. Another plus about the recipe is that all the ingredients are the type that I would normally have in stock so no need to go to the supermarket to get this dish out on the table. As usual, Dear Son had his dinner earlier than Dear Husband but he felt the need to grab a piece of pasta off Dear Husband’s dish only to taste it and throw it back on. I think I can safely say that he doesn’t like tuna! I had a lot left over so I put it in a Tupperware box so that it can do for Dear Husband’s lunch tomorrow.

Overall, a super quick and tasty recipe. I definitely recommend you try this one and it has made The List indefinitely in our house. It would also make a very good supper on a Sunday evening so with all that considered, I think I’ve done a good enough job with this recipe and you will too – enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Just made this for my dinner! Had made it once before & wanted to check recipe but wasn't sure which book it was in... google search et voila!... I found your blog which I'm really enjoying as I munch my dinner :-)
    Fair play to you, don't know how you have the energy! I've a 4 & nearly 2 yr old and don't also have a day job. Some evenings I can barely manage to cook plain old pasta!
    Keep up the good work.
    C.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Caroline. Thank you so much for the message! Glad I could be of help! I think I'm one of those people who isn't happy unless I'm flat out all the time! Lol! But believe me, there are many evenings when I would just love to put on a bit of pasta too. I hope you enjoy the remainder of the blog and thanks once again for reading :)

      Delete