Saturday 12 May 2012

Day 2
Onto to Day 2 and it was the turn of the Smoked Salmon and Chive Fish Cakes. I must say that eventhough they take about an hour to prepare, the recipe is relatively easy (page 28). I suppose the most complicated part was boiling the potatoes but as long as you follow the recipe instructions exactly, you can't go wrong. Once the potatoes were boiled and mashed, it was a simple task of mixing them with all the other ingredients which ended up looking like this...



Then, it was onto making them into 8cm patties which I figured is just slightly narrower than the width of my hand. Plus, I used an ice-cream scoop to make them all the same quantity. The good thing about these fishcakes is that they can be prepared in advance and put in the fridge and then fried in a little oil later. If I fry, I always use rapeseed oil as it's the healthiest but I stuck to the Extra Virgin Olive Oil as per the recipe. Once cooked, they looked like this...



The verdict...

Being a vegetarian, Dear Husband was only too glad to be the guinea pig. He gave them 7.5 (!) out of 10 - to be exact. Another plus was that my 3-year-old finished a whole one with a little coaxing. Result!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment