Tuesday 15 May 2012


Day 5 and it was the turn of the Lamb pitta pockets. These were simple enough to make. The ingredients were onions, garlic, minced lamb, diced potato, garden peas and a mixture of spices such as ground cumin, coriander and turmeric. The recipe was quick to make and total cooking time was about 20 minutes which is good if you’re in a hurry to get food on the table which most people are in the evening!

Once the lamb mixture was ready, I served it with warm pitta pockets and Greek style natural yoghurt.


The verdict…

I knew before serving this that tonight’s recipe was going to pale into significance compared with last night’s so I wasn’t surprised when Dear Husband gave it 6.5 out of 10. This meal is probably best served as a lunch rather than an evening meal. However, best of all, was Dear Son wolfing down his like there was no tomorrow – for that reason alone, I’d give the recipe 10 out of 10! It’s definitely made my list!

P.S. Dear Son decided to give the onions a rest tonight but is now demanding a set of golf clubs and for me to 'make a hole in the ground' to put the ball into!


No comments:

Post a Comment