Friday 25 May 2012

Day 15

How glad was I that I made these recipes this evening?! Soooo glad...on a number of levels! Day 15 and, in keeping with the Friday tradition, it was a fish dish whereby I made Salmon and mascarpone and peas with Paprika potato wedges.


I had forgotten how easy yet tasty it is to make potato wedges. I simply washed and rubbed dry the potatoes with a tea cloth and cut each one in 6 wedges. In a large bowl, I mixed rapeseed oil, salt, pepper with paprika. The recipe said to use smoked paprika but I didn’t have that so I used ordinary paprika. Once the liquid part of the recipe was swirled up, I tumbled the wedges in and mixed them up in the dressing using two large spoons ensuring that every part of every wedge was coated. I then put them on a baking tray and poured over the rest of the oil. Into the oven they went and cooked for 25 minutes.


Then it was onto the salmon dish which was made using the en papillote method which I did before for the salmon with tomato and basil recipe. However, this time, I mixed mascarpone, cream, frozen peas, lemon juice with salt and pepper and laid it out on the parchment paper before placing the salmon fillet on top. I then wrapped it up in the paper. They took 14 minutes in the oven. Simple.


The verdict…


Well, I only had the wedges but as soon as one hit my taste buds, I knew I’d picked the right recipe for a Friday evening. I gave the wedges 8 out of 10 for how tasty they were and how simple they were to make. Dear Husband and Dear Son had both recipes. Dear Husband gave the meal an average score of 8 out of 10 – 7 marks for the salmon and 9 marks for the wedges.  Dear Son ate all his wedges and small bit of the salmon so the wedges were a big hit with him.


So, to conclude, from the feedback I’m getting about the blog so far, I know that a number of you are trying the odd recipe here and there so what I would say is that you should all make these two recipes next Friday night. Super simple, super healthy and a super-fast version of a takeaway yet made in the comfort of your own home without all the usual added sugar, salt and MSG you’d get in those long, silver trays that make you wish you hadn’t bothered. Cook your own takeaway, you won’t regret it and let me know how you get on!

2 comments:

  1. If you want to leave a comment, you need to sign up for a Google account which will only take 2 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not waiting till Friday night! This will be tomorrow nights supper!

    ReplyDelete