Monday 28 May 2012

Day 18

I think it was about 26°C when I started to make the dinner this evening so instead of making roasted potatoes with the Rack of lamb, I made it with Couscous. Two very easy recipes which was great considering how warm the kitchen was even before I switched on the oven.

For the rack of lamb, I had to mix olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper with freshly chopped rosemary before smearing it over the rack of lamb so there I was out with the latex gloves again. They took 25 minutes to cook and 10 minutes to rest which I have learned makes the juices go back into the meat. Meanwhile, I made the couscous which simply involved mixing the couscous with vegetable stock, olive oil, salt and pepper. I also made the gravy even though I made couscous which didn’t make sense and sure Dear Husband didn’t even see it sitting in the separate dish so he didn’t eat it.  My photography skills don’t do the dish justice (it was the light I tell you and, no, the photo isn't upside down!) but this is what I ended up with…

The verdict…

Dear Husband gave the lamb 8 out of 10 and the couscous 4 out of 10. He missed his potatoes. I’m sure he’ll ‘remember’ to eat the gravy with the potatoes the next time I make it! Dear Husband’s friend also happened to call by as I was dishing out the dinner and I have a rule that no matter who comes into my house, I have to feed them, so he was happy to give an alternative perspective on the dinner and he gave it 9 out of 10 – yay! I ate the couscous with freshly chopped mint and tomato as this is how I usually eat couscous and it was lovely – probably 6 out of 10 but I had to have something else as the couscous alone wouldn’t be substantial enough as a meal.


To conclude, Dear Husband said that he’d love to have the lamb ‘every day’ but I think next time, it would have to be accompanied by potatoes. You see, there we go again, back to the beloved potato. We really are two peas in a pod…


No comments:

Post a Comment