Sunday 8 July 2012

Day 59: Parma ham and nectarine salad

Day 59

Ok, I’m sorry but I’m going to get straight to the verdict as the carnivore-turned-omnivore Dear Husband gave a salad dish 9 marks out of 10! I repeat – 9 marks out of 10 - for the Parma ham and nectarine salad. I’m still in a total state of shock. But, for now, I’ll tell you how I did it…

I used a packet of Parma ham and tore it up into pieces on a large plate. I then added two sliced nectarines and put rocket leaves on top. To make the dressing, I mixed olive oil and freshly squeezed lemon juice in a wee bowl. I also added some salt and pepper even though the recipe didn’t say to but I just figured that’s what one would normally do for a salad dressing. I chopped the fresh mint and put it in the dressing too before pouring the lot over the ham, nectarines and rocket. It really was that simple.

The verdict…

9 out of 10. Yes, 9 out of 10. No matter how many times I say it. I’m still shocked. This recipe is one of the easiest, quickest and tastiest recipes that I’ve made so far. Considering it’s summer time, this recipe is absolutely perfect and considering that I made a mad dash out to the kitchen to make this while watching the men’s Wimbledon finals, I really couldn’t have picked a better recipe. So there was no serious time spent in the kitchen by me today so as not to miss any of the tennis. Well, Wimbledon is once a year in fairness even if it requires marathon sessions in front of the TV. But, just in case you think I spend two whole weeks in front of the TV watching every match, I don't! The only matches I watch start to finish are the semis and finals - the rest I dip in and out of. Fantastic result for Roger Federer though but hard luck to Andy Murray; however, after Murray's emotional speech, I’m starting to see a much more endearing side to him. I think a lot of others are seeing him on a much more positive note now too.

On another note, I am beginning to think Mark & Spencers is reading my blog (not really!) as two items which I mentioned recently are hard to get anywhere have suddenly appeared in their stores – smoked paprika and rice noodles! So, if you’re stuck for them, you know where to go!

Well, there you go, an eventful Sunday in my household for totally different reasons, but still, 9 out of 10….?!!

No comments:

Post a Comment