Tuesday 25 September 2012

Day 136: Little banoffee pots


I am always eager to get the opinion of others when it comes to the recipes in addition to Dear Husband’s. Let’s just say it provides a more generalised view of a recipe. So, it was perfect that Dear Sister No.1 called round last night just as I was dishing up yet another dessert and the recipe I chose was Little banoffee pots.

The biggest task in this recipe was to have dulce de leche ready which you know is just boiled condensed milk. Luckily, I had three cans already made from the time I made the Toffee peanut squares. I am still amazed how condensed milk can go from that to the lovely caramel it becomes once boiled.

To begin, I whipped up some double cream. In a different bowl, I added in about 100ml dulce de leche along with two tablespoons of double cream and gave it swirl. I then folded the dulce de leche into the whipped cream. Using four small glasses, I crumbled digestive biscuits into them followed by sliced banana followed by the creamy mixture and repeated once more. To finish, I sprinkled some digestive biscuits on top and served.

The verdict…

Dear Sister No.1 loved the recipe and gave it 10 out of 10. Dear Husband gave it 6 marks and I was in between on 8 marks. Dear Son said “ick” and wouldn’t eat his. Now, I eat bananas but only because Dear Mother told me when I was 17 that all the sports people ate them! Never underestimate the power of a mother coaxing her child to eat healthy things! However, that said, I wouldn’t like banana ice-cream nor would I be big into banana desserts – this recipe was an exception though.

Overall, this was a quick recipe to prepare and it was super easy. It’s definitely a good idea to boil a number of cans of condensed milk in advance whenever you have the time so that it takes less time preparing a recipe that requires them. Will I make this recipe again? Yes, without doubt and the beauty is that it can be prepared in advance too. So, there’s another handy yet delicious dessert recipe to have on The List. Now all I have to do is convince Dear Son that all the Donegal players eat bananas!

No comments:

Post a Comment