Sunday 3 June 2012

Day 24

So you thought because it’s Sunday, I decided to make a cooked breakfast just like I always do? Well, you were wrong! Actually, you were partly right because the recipe I did make did involve the tiniest bit of cooking. This morning, I made Yoghurt, apricot and pistachio pots. Not the kind of breakfast Dear Husband was expecting but I’ll get on to his verdict later.

I had to chop dried apricots and put them in a saucepan with freshly squeezed orange juice. It had to simmer for 10 minutes along with some honey. The mixture then cooled and divided the mixture into glass bowls as I don’t have any nice glass cups! I then covered the fruit with natural Greek yoghurt, a drizzling of honey and chopped pistachios and voila!

The verdict…

I gave these little pots of delight 7 marks out of 10. After one mouthful, I thought to myself that these pots would be a great breakfast that could be prepared the night before for days that you have to leave home super-early and aren’t up to porridge because your body is still sleeping. And, of course, for a Sunday morning with warm croissants and tea which is the way I ate them today.  Dear Son ate half of his so that was a bit of progress.

Dear Husband gave them 3 marks out of 10! What a disappointing score! I kind of knew he wouldn’t go for them which is why I then presented him with the infamous baked eggs that are talked about so often in our house. In fact, the amount of people who ask me for the recipe is incredible so, although the baked egg recipe isn’t part of the Easy Meals cookbook, I’m going to post it on my blog soon. Just out of curiosity, I asked Dear Husband what marks the baked eggs get and he said “always a 9!”. Dear Son ate all of his. I just love to see him eating good food! As I said before on one of my earliest posts, if there is only one recipe that you learn of Rachel Allen’s, it has to be the Baked Eggs with Chorizo, Cream and Cheese. I’m telling you, you won’t regret it and neither will the people you share it with. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment